Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day Whatever.

As advised by my wife, Kristin - I should have started this blog on the day I was diagnosed. Chances are I would have remembered a lot more and would have had a pretty darn good journal of my health over the past couple weeks.

Here's the short story.

1. Calf got big.
2. Went to ER.
3. Checked for clot - none found
4. Treated as Cellulitis.
5. Condition remained the same, checked for clot again.
6. Primary Care doc sent me to OrthoIndy.
7. Ortho ordered MRI, Xray and blood.
8. MRI showed large Hematoma in my right calf.
9. Blood work show elevated white cells (185,000)
10. Directed to go back to ER, do not pass go.
11. Secondary blood test confirmed ridiculously high white count.
12. Panic ensued.
13. Later that day was a the recipient of a bone marrow test (ouch).
14. By 7p that day, I had the diagnosis of Chronic Myelognous Leukemia.
15. Was then told I was lucky and that CML is very treatable.
16. Started treatment on Gleevec, thank you Novartis.
17. Having some side effects from the Gleevec, kinda scary.
18. So there - now you're up to speed.

1 comment:

valmg said...

Kristin was right, as wives usually are. LOL.