Sunday, February 24, 2008

Easy like Sunday morning.

Well, so far so good.

I'm hesitant to say that I'm feeling better for fear I'll jinx it - but truthfully, I feel pretty good. Had a little nausea this morning, but I think taking my meds after dinner has helped with my energy level and general well being.

I go in tomorrow for my weekly blood letting and on Tuesday to see my nurse practicioner for a checkup. Hopefully she'll also give me a break down on my new blood numbers. I generally go into the appointments assuming no change, no worse, no better. To date, I've been pleasantly surprised, but I'm sure there will be ups and downs. I don't think I'll get my first FISH (cellular level) test until May so it will hopefully be a lot more of the same for the next couple months.

Oh yeah, we got our first 'NOT A BILL' from Methodist for my five day stay. All I can say is, thank goodness for insurance. Our max out of pocket for the year is only $2K...and this visit was $17,000 for room, pharmacy, ER and lab services. I think this includes the bone marrow test as well - but who knows. I assume the doctors charges will be showing up shortly. Keep in mind we have not seen the bill for the MRI, CT, Ultrasounds, Nuke Meds, ECO, EKGs, blah, blah, blah. I'm guessing we're going to come up on $35K real quickly in the coming weeks.

Can't remember if I told all of you - but we are putting our house on the market this week. The realtor came by for about 2 hours yesterday and shot the first two floors. As a matter of fact, the exterior shots are already up at http://www.flockrealty.com (click on houses). Our basement is usually a wreck so we're working on that over the next couple days. It's a pretty terrible market to be selling an expensive home in an expensive 'hood - but if it doesn't go in six months, we'll just pull it off the market and wait until next year. We're not in any real hurry, but it would be nice to get some interest even if they're just lookers.

Kris and the kiddos are heading to Grand Cayman in a couple weeks and I'll miss them terribly. Right now, the activity in the house really keeps my spirits up and takes my mind off the illness. I'm sure I'll find something to do and we should be able to video chat across the gulf most every day. Luckily - she was able to get their flights to line up with her parents so they'll rendezvous in Charlotte and help manage the kids, car seats, toys, bags, etc.

The snow started to melt today and I'm really looking forward to spring since I can no longer regulate my body heat. I am pretty much always cold and have a new found sympathy for all the women at my office who sneak their space heaters under their desks.

Well, time to get Eli to bed, my best to all of you.

No comments: