Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Data.

I don't have it.

I got the results of my PCR-ABL test yesterday. In short - everything sounds good. However, because I got them over the phone and from the NP (nurse practicioner) I really didn't get much feedback other than "the levels are very low". What levels she was referring to is anyone's guess. I asked that she send over a copy of the results so at least I can see the whole picture. My guess is the "very low' levels are probably the number of active Philadelphia Chromosomes (the 9/22 translocation that triggers the abnormally high white count growth). I had been off my Gleevec at the time so that my explain why there were any at all.

I am waiting for a call back to find out if I should still go in monthly for bilirubin checks and it doesn't sound like I'll be getting a complete blood counts for six months (at my next appointment). I think I'm OK with this since my counts have been pretty stable for quite some time hovering in the low to low normal range for pretty much all categories.

Been a pretty busy week around our house. We are currently in the process of moving Kristin's office back upstairs and have been building furniture, decorating the room and getting the technology all figured out. I expect that we'll get it all wrapped up in the next week and start the process of purging the basement for our next project.

Just 10 more days until our vacation!

No comments: