Monday, April 28, 2008

All clear.

Had my appointment with Dr. Dugan on Friday. It was nice because he only works a half-day and I was his last appointment. I got some good one on one time with him and he essentially told me...relax.

In so many words, I was told "you're great, you're responding well and anxiety is not going to help you heal any faster."

I, of course, agree with him and certainly in my own mind I think I'm handling everything really well. It sounds like I need to pay attention to my body, but don't obsess about little aches and pains. The good Doc also made it clear that most everything questionable I am feeling is related to the Gleevec and not the Leukemia.

Anyhoo. My parents found a house...which is great. I am really looking forward to having them here. Hard to believe that in just six weeks they'll be Indianapolis residents. They have lots of work to do, not to mention a wedding in France to attend so I'm sure they'll be spent by the time this all gets wrapped up.

I got Edith back on Friday after her first overhaul. Thank goodness we have the government rebate check coming because we're in about $1,500 already. I really shouldn't complain because for a 44 year old car, she received a pretty clean bill of health. Most of that bill was for an overhaul of the entire suspension (front and back). The bushings were old, cracked or non-existent so now we have a soft, supple ride. The owner of the shop called her a 'baby doll' of a car. I agree.

She is back in today to have the floor pans patched and next week we'll get the exhaust replaced. From there we'll redo the carpet and get the stereo installed. I guess all that's left after that is to enjoy the summer.

No comments: