Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dresser: UPDATE

I think I mentioned that Kris and I found a cool, old Mid-Century modern bedroom set last week. Well, I spent most of last night updating it to Millenium-Modern and you can check it out...right...here...right...now!



If you're curious what it looked like before, you can see the unfinished taller version in the background of the picture. I stripped the old veneer off, veneered the drawer fronts with maple and painted the entire cabinet with a zero VOC organic paint (nothing too good for my daughter).There is still some work to do, but I'm really happy with the way it has turned out.

Coming soon: a pair of big girl beds.

1 comment:

Colin said...

You can re-veneer stuff? Man, you're the dopest. I've always been limited to the sand-and-stain-or,-failing that,-paint school of furniture revival. Maris's snazzy new dresser is an inspiration to continue my studies.