Monday, May 12, 2008

eh.

Feeling pretty mediocre lately. Not horrible, just eh.

I'm just going to assume its my medicine mixed with anxiety and move forward.

The good news is...we were finally able to take a family trip in Edith. I don't have the pictures with me, but will get some posted later today. Kris and I loaded the kiddos into the new car seats and we hit the road for about a half hour on Saturday night. The car seats took some searching since booster seats for kids Eli's size rely heavily on the shoulder belt...something that doesn't exist in most cars pre-1980. We finally found a nice seat that Maris can use after Eli out grows it (he's got another 20 lbs to go). Eli and Maris were donning their pajamas and sunglasses for the event and it was a nice way to wrap up Kristin's birthday.

Also this weekend, Eli and I set up camp in the basement for two fun filled nights of sleeping in the tent and roughing it. I managed to find a nature CD online so that we could fall asleep to the sounds of the forest. Admittedly - the owls were a little creepy, but it helped it feel more authentic than sleeping in our backyard where the only nature you hear is some vagrant pissing on my fence.

My mom & dad are officially transitioning to Indy tomorrow. Their house is now empty and the POD will be picked up this afternoon some time. I believe their closing is Tuesday around 11 and they will hit the road to Indy shortly thereafter. Our entire family is really looking forward to having them here not just in the near term but for years to come.

Better get off to work.

No comments: