Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This just in...

Whities - 3,900
ANC - 2,000
Platelets - 150,000
Hematacrit - 42.7
Hgb - 15
RBC - 4.8 (million)

In short, this is great news. These counts are low for normal folk, but up a bit for my new normal. I won't go back for another CBC (complete blood count) until June and a couple weeks after that I'll get my PCR-ABL protein test where they do a blood smear and try to quantify how many Leukemic cells are in my system. A couple weeks ago I checked in with Dr. Dugan and he had a pretty awesome quote about cancer. What he said was:

"In cancer care, we know we can beat the cancer - we just have to wait until science catches up"

I thought it was a pretty decent way to describe it. Needless to say, I am fortunate in that much of science has already caught up with my form of Leukemia.

Back in the real world, Kristin's brother Tom just left after a weekend visit. It was a pleasant trip and nice because Tom is just about as nerdy as I am. We were able to play video games, talk shop and just enjoy the city. The weather was solid so we were able to take a couple cruises in Edith too.

Speaking of poor Edith - looks like she's going to need a little more love this week. I was able to get the exhaust installed last week but now I'm seeing a leak in what I think is the heater core. I'm going to get that repaired this week and probably have the water pump done at the same time since the radiator will be empty for the core repair.

Kris and I voted today and I'm hopeful that Obama will get a win in Indiana. In reality, I'm expecting a 8 point loss based on the state's demographic and a lot of Clinton pandering to rural voters. We will see.

Kris and I will have an primary party tonight after the kids are in bed with some wings, nachos and beverages.

GObama 08.

No comments: