Monday, June 23, 2008

hemo update.

Whities - 3,400 (down a bit)
ANC - 1,700 (down a chunk but still decent, normal is above 1,500)
Platelets - 150,000 (down a chunk, but still right on the edge of normal)
Hematocrit - 37.3 (up a tick)
Hemoglobin - 13.2 (down a tick)

In short, pretty decent news. You can look at it a couple of ways, but my feeling is that my counts are pretty good in spite of the medicine and at the very least - my numbers are still under Gleevec's control. The worry would be if my counts really started climbing because then we'd have to revisit the Gleevec dosage or look to other meds.

I've been under the weather a bit so I'm thinking that probably affects my ANC/White numbers. For those of you new to this - the ANC is actually a derivative of the percentage of fighters in your white blood cells. In my case - exactly 50% of my white blood cells are fighters. No too shabby.

No comments: