Saturday, June 28, 2008

Followup

1. Cardiologist appointment at 8a - I gotta figure out why I'm so short of breath.

This visit included an EKG (normal), Heart Ultrasound (will be read next week) and a further diagnosis of anxiety. I like this guy (Dr. Kourany), I feel like he listens and is compassionate. I still think there is something going on that both the Cardiologist and Oncologist are missing, but would agree that the anxiety is probably affecting my overall health.


2. Pull Maris' room apart and paint the remaining walls blue.

Complete. Well, I actually still have one wall to complete but I ran out of paint. It looks sooooo much better and brighter. Hard to believe my little girl is growing up so fast.


3. Laundry - Holy crap do I produce a lot of funky clothes.

Sorta, I got a lot of loads done, but none of them folded. Right now I have three baskets of clean clothes getting more wrinkled by the minute. Kris and the kids just headed to the pool so I should probably revisit the laundry.


4. Lunch

Sorta, Kris brought a Jimmy John's sandwich home with her, but it wasn't until 2 so I had already eaten. I think I may revisit said sandwich in a minute.


5. Run to Fuseks for some hardware...man do I like hardware (slide locks, trimmer line, etc)

After my cardiologist appointment, Kris and I went to visit a new daycare for Eli that better suits his needs. It was a great trip and worth of a blog entry on its own. After this visit, I ran to Fusek's True Value and purchased hardware.


6. Dog food. Apparently pets like to eat. Check for Koi or large comets.

Thank you Kristin for picking this up. Apparently holistic dog food is affected by the flooding and corn futures pricing. Our dog food is now $50 per bag! I'll be picking up 10 comets for my mom tomorrow morning before we head up there for lunch.


7. Clean out frog aquarium (he was sent to my Ma's pond for a more spacious abode)

Yeah, this didn't happen.


8. Eye doc appointment. (Ocular health is an important indicator in your overall health).

This did happen. Turns out my meds may be causing me to retain some water in my ocular cavity and thus are causing my left eye to show signs of Glaucoma. Too early to tell, but I'll be back in a month for further testing to see how good or bad the news is. They even talked about doing an eye ultrasound - I'm sure that'll feel good and be cheap ;-). If there is any good news, a diagnosis of Leukemia prepares you for pretty much any news so I'm not terribly upset about it.


9. Home, prepare dinner for the thundering herd.

We got word Thursday night that we had a showing request for 5:30 on Friday. So we cleaned up, packed up the kids, dogs and toys for the trip to my mom and dad's. Dinner was burgers and the running joke is to put mini-carrots in the cheetos bag as to fool unsuspecting snackers.


10. Pass out.

Mission accomplished.


Gotta go - Macaroni and cheese special on Food Network. The winning dish looks to be a poach lobster/Mac n Cheese cake (a la crab cake).

No comments: