Friday, July 11, 2008

hemo update.

Apparently the Gleevec is still working (maybe a little too well).

Whities - 3,300 (down from 3,400, this is a little low but ok for Leukemia folks)
ANC - 1,600 (down from 1,700, but still in the low normal range)
Platelets - 158,000 (up 8,000 and in the normal range)
Hemoglobin - 13.1 (down from 13.2)
Hematocrit - 37.9 (up from 37.3)

So, even though I'd love to have a few higher counts, I'm ok with this. Only a small drop in fighters and total whites.

I took Eli to Dr. Yancy this morning for a quick physical before he starts his new school tomorrow. He went with me to my blood draw first and I think he felt like he dodged a bullet when we got up and left after only I had my blood done. Little did he know that he was going to get a tetanus and polio shot in his legs 30 minutes later. The appointment was fine and aside from a little eczema, he's a healthy boy. I think he was 48 pounds, 42 inches and all boy.

Kris looks like she has strep throat and sadly Maris may have picked up a touch of it as well. On top of this, Mar and Eli often share a water bottle - it may make the rounds in our house before the weekend is over.

No comments: