Tuesday, July 22, 2008

lifted.

here's the short story...

I'm dropping off Eli at his new daycare. I put my laptop case (which of course today has my wallet in the front flap) on the floor board, tucked under the seat and take Eli inside. I come back out 10 - 11 minutes later and there is a pile of glass near my passenger windows and of course a missing laptop case (and wallet).

The clean up is a longer story than its worth telling and most everything is fixed at this point including the window, new credit cards, restored computer files, etc.

It's a hassle more than anything - and frankly, I know better having lived downtown for years. Still, I am pretty angry that crap like this can occur just 100 steps from a child care facility on a sunny Thursday morning at around 8 am. Perhaps my biggest frustration is the fact that the computer was locked down and didn't have a power adapter in the bag so chances are it was just tossed after they realized it was useless to them. On top of this - my wallet only contained $12 in cash and when they tried to use my ATM card, the machine took it from them.

I hold very little hope of recourse (other than divine of course).

Anyway - had a good weekend in spite of the drama on Thursday. I cut some more beds in the backyard, spread another couple yards of mulch and got some good time in with the kiddos. I've been feeling good aside from the inability to get any answers regarding my elevated liver levels from my docs.

I'm likely heading to the new IU cancer hospital today to separate some rocks for a sculpture project my company is working. The grand opening is this week so we only have a few more days to get the light rocks and the dark rocks arranged in the grid (this includes about 40,000 lbs of washed river rocks).

Holla.

No comments: