Monday, March 10, 2008

Farewell.

Just dropped off Kristin and the kids at the airport for their trip to the Cayman Islands. Cayman is a beautiful place that has just enough home and just enough remoteness. Kristin's family has a couple time-shares down there on the East end. It's about as far as you can get from the airport and still be on the island (Grand Cayman is about 25 miles long and 3 miles top to bottom). I have only been two times and both times were some of the best relaxation I've ever had. I wish I could have made this trip for a couple reasons.

1. As previously mentioned - this place is magical and wish that I could share the experience with the entire clan. You never realize how much you miss people until you have children.
2. Poor Kristin is now toting two kids under four, car seats, suitcases, etc. through no less than three airports. It's a long story.
3. I could use a little vacation to take my mind of some other things going on in my life ;-).

The fact of the matter is, I agree with Dr. Dugan that I should probably not be exposed to all sorts of foreign germs, viruses and the like. Moreover, even though Georgetown has a hospital that I'm sure is fine - I still feel better knowing that I have a great care only a few blocks away.

So, I'll be a bachelor for part of this week. My mom and dad are coming down on Wednesday to visit and take care of me...and hopefully spruce up the house before the family gets home on Sunday. They don't realize it yet, but I'll be ordering two yards of mulch that will need to be spread.

I just got back from giving blood and have an appointment with my Oncologist tomorrow. I haven't seen him in about a month so I'll be anxious to hear what he has to say about my progress and the next steps. I tend to just listen and nod when he talks so I patiently tapped about a dozen questions into my iPhone that I need to ask. I will give you guys an update tomorrow afternoon. I'm tempted to bring my laptop in to ask him some questions about the hematoma in my leg...now that I have the MRI. Since Doc Dugan is not just an Oncologist but also a Hematologist, I'd like his input about likelihood of it returning and how the reabsorbtion may affect my blood levels.

One more 'For the Record' point...I took my last Allopurinol on Saturday. This means that the only drug I am currently on is the Gleevec. Since most drugs have a whole host of side effects - I'll be interested to see I lose some or gain some.

No comments: