Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's Official.

The office where I work (which I refer to as my office though I have zero ownership in the building) is renting space to the Obama Indiana Headquarters. I just happen to think this is pretty awesome.

We are told not to expect Barack to grace our presence, but one can Hope (pun intended). Currently we have a dozen or so twenty-somethings pounding away on computers and doing a lot of pointing at maps and such. I think I finally realize why Mr. Obama went after the youth so heavily...free, seemingly limitless labor that has very little professional responsibilities or baggage.

It's smart really, most of these kids' parents are probably in their early to mid 50s and likely Clinton or McCain supporters, but because they're still funding their kids (either in school or through some other promotion of philanthropy) - these parents are essentially funding the Obama campaign. Ok, its a stretch, but I think it makes sense.

The US can't repeat the Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton pattern (don't forget about Jeb). Let's hope there's a new sheriff in town...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let me know if he ever stops by. I want to give him a hug. Or you could just give him a hug for me.

Sincerely,
OBAMANIAC