Thursday, March 6, 2008

Good Day.

Its not that I felt all that great today, but blood results heading in the right direction always makes me feel better. Starting now, I will lead with my most recent blood results with a little background for the newbies.

Whities - 2,600 (normal is 5,000 to 10,000)
ANC - 1.5 (normal is 1.5 - 8.0), percentage of fighters is up to 57%
Hemoglobin - 12.5 (normal range...if I was a woman)
Hematocrit - 37 (sadly, again normal if I was a woman)
Platelets - 90,000 (woo hoo! they were down to 64,000 on Monday)

So there you go. I go in to see Dr. Dugan (my oncologist) on Tuesday and I'll be interested to hear what he thinks of my progress. I've generally been giving blood 2x a week but now that the levels are going in the right direction - I think we'll be back at weekly visits.

I had my first follow-up appointment at OrthoIndy today. For those of you who did not know - the abnormal MRI I received at Ortho is what triggered the blood test that ultimately led to my diagnosis. My doc (Dr. Brokaw) is just awesome. Great sense of humor, brilliant and most importantly...calming. Many of you know that I like technology more that just a little bit. Today I got a copy of my MRI and proceeded to find an open-source viewer. I can zoom in and out of my leg, look at cross-sections and so much more. I am only going to include two pictures, but they may help my hundreds of loyal readers better understand what was going on in my body.

Without further adieu:

1. Hematoma. Large and in charge.
















2. Bone. It ain't right.
















Anyway, if you have questions - I can probably answer them now...complete with visual aids.

No comments: