Saturday, March 15, 2008

One more day.

Wooo Hoooo! Kris and the kiddos get home tomorrow. At least, they're supposed to. Given the theatrics it took to get them to Cayman, I won't hold my breath until I actually see them. So far, its sounds like they had a pretty decent trip. Not terribly relaxing for mom, but Eli and Maris got to spend a lot of time with Grandma and Grand-dad and hit the water several times a day. I should also mention that the low temperatures never dipped below 70 and generally stayed right at 82 during the day.

Turns out the fever that Maris had when she headed down was more than just a cold. They packed up and went to the Bodden Town clinic after a morning of crying and found out she had a mild upper respiratory infection and an ear infection. Some antibiotics and drops later and she seems as good a new.

My mom and dad left this morning after visiting for a couple days. It's great to have them here not only for cleaning ;-), but also for support. Now that our house is on the market, I can use all the help I can get keeping it clean for showings. Those two spent the better part of the day on Friday getting this place ship shape and it really showed. We had a showing this morning and have another one Sunday night from 6 - 7. We're glad that we're getting activity but we won't get too excited until we see an offer.

As for me, I'm just taking it easy and trying to stay healthy. I tend to be really sensitive to my body now and whenever I feel a little warm I worry that it will turn into a fever or chills that could send me back to the hospital. I probably need to just accept the fact that its harder for my body to regulate it's heat now which proves to be challenging for my wardrobe.

Better touch up a few things before tomorrow's showing.

No comments: