Saturday, March 22, 2008

No news is good news.

All is seemingly quiet on the health front. Aside from a little funk and the inability to sleep more than three hours straight...feeling pretty good. I had a follow-up with the cardiologist yesterday and he gave me the all clear. Since getting the green light from him, Kristin and I promptly headed to Mug 'n Bun for corn dogs and root bear.

We continue to get showings on our home so that part of our life is promising and I think we've found a new home that will solve most of the problems we looking to clear up (schools, land, proximity to city, design, etc). Its a late 50s ranch on 2.6 acres only 8 miles from downtown. I probably like it a little more than Kristin does, but I think we could really turn it into home. Keep your fingers crossed that we'll get an offer on our home soon so we can get this one before somebody else does.

Some other good news is the Boilermakers made it past the first round of the NCAA tournament. It's pretty easy to be a Purdue fan because in most every sport, they are a hard working bunch that doesn't rely on superstars to carry them. Tonight they play Xavier and I'm not expecting a win, but give me some Popeye's chicken and the Boilers on TV and I'm set.

Speaking of TV, we had been downloading TV shows from iTunes for the Cayman trip and an unexpected side effect was that Eli likes the same cartoons I do. I had downloaded Road Runner and Pink Panther episodes for me and I'll be damned that he'd prefer watch Pink Panther over all the other choices. Sure is nice to have a 4 year-old with an old soul.

Boiler Up!

1 comment:

Colin said...

It also good when you have an old man with a 4-year-old soul... for instance, the first thing I thought of when I read about your and Eli's favorite cartoons was the following, thunderously juvenile joke: "What did the pink panther say when he accidentally stepped on an anthill?"
"I don't know, what?"
[In the tune of his theme song] "Dead ant... dead ant. Dead ant dead ant dead ant dead ant dead aaaaaaant..."